Re: APPLCORE rough concensus?

From: <spreitze@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 06:44:46 PST
To: Graham Klyne <GK@dial.pipex.com>
Cc: <spreitze@parc.xerox.com>, discuss@apps.ietf.org

> ... I see some overlap between the goals of
> APPLCORE and HTTP-NG (...),
> and that if one solution serves both that would be better than two solutions.

It looks to me like the goals of APPLCORE are just about exactly a subset of the goals of HTTP-NG (and to make them truly a subset involves some minor quibbles I think we can cover with a little discussion).  What that tells me is that APPLCORE's solution should be part of HTTP-NG's solution.  I'm trying to find out how strongly others feel about making this relationship hold.