Re: HTTP Extensions Framework status?

From: Keith Moore <moore@cs.utk.edu>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 19:13:14 -0500
To: "Josh Cohen (Exchange)" <joshco@Exchange.Microsoft.com>
cc: Keith Moore <moore@cs.utk.edu>, Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@microsoft.com>, "Yaron Goland (Exchange)" <yarong@Exchange.Microsoft.com>, "'Patrik Faltstrom'" <paf@swip.net>, "'Harald Tveit Alvestrand'" <Harald@Alvestrand.no>, Scott Lawrence <lawrence@agranat.com>, discuss@apps.ietf.org, "Peter Ford (Exchange)" <peterf@Exchange.Microsoft.com>
> Call me ignorant, but my understanding was that last call comments
> were to be delivered openly to the WG or submitter.

In practice, last call comments are delivered to any of:

IESG, the ADs, the WG mailing list, the IETF list, the document authors

one of the real difficulties of the present system is tracking
all of them down.

Also it seems useful to allow privately-submitted Last Call comments,
though one hopes that most comments are public.

Keith