Re: IETF split? (was: HTTP Extensions Frameworkstatus?)

From: Richard Shockey <rshockey@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 15:31:20 -0600
To: jg@pa.dec.com (Jim Gettys)
Cc: discuss@apps.ietf.org

>There are ways to "fix" this: another Apps AD, or some reader mechanism,
>or trying to make sure that Apps AD's can spend full or nearly full time
>on IETF business.  I suggest these long before doing application protocol
>standards work in other venues.
>                                 - Jim Gettys

I have specifically suggested adding a 3rd Apps AD to NONCOM. I do not
think this will solve all of the problems but it could certainly help.

I also suggested a specific TELEPHONY area. With all of the related work
that is going on it seems reasonable to seperate it out to permit TEL AD's
a more focused approach to some of the looming and unresolved architectural

I also totally reject the idea that APPS should meet separately from other

Richard Shockey
Shockey Consulting LLC
8045 Big Bend Blvd. Suite 110
St. Louis, MO 63119
Voice 314.918.9020
eFAX Fax to EMail 815.333.1237 (Preferred for Fax)
INTERNET Mail & IFAX : rshockey@ix.netcom.com
GSTN Fax 314.918.9015
MediaGate iPost VoiceMail and Fax 800.260.4464