RE: HTTP Extensions Framework status?

From: Jacob Palme <jpalme@dsv.su.se>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 13:25:33 +0100
To: discuss@apps.ietf.org
At 08.33 +0100 99-12-07, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
>>3) Form a new, separate, standards group specifically for application
>>protocols.
>
> Feel free to start one. The IETF process rules have a very flexible
> licensing scheme. The W3C, the DMTF, the WAP forum and a dozen others are
> already trying, too.

This would make it much more difficult for people in Europe to follow
what is happening.

> And, as we saw with HTML, separating those concerns from those things that
> concern the network deeply can in fact improve the attention it's possible
> to give to those things, to all our benefit.

For me, the openness of the IETF process is very important, compared
to the closedness of W3C work.

Jacob Palme <jpalme@dsv.su.se> (Stockholm University and KTH)
for more info see URL: http://www.dsv.su.se/jpalme/