Re: Extending IETF meetings to two weeks?

From: Brian E Carpenter <brian@hursley.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 11:58:27 +0000
To: Terry Allen <tallen@sonic.net>
CC: discuss@apps.ietf.org, jpalme@dsv.su.se

WG Chairs already are asked to specify which clashes they want to
avoid, but clash avoidance is an iterative problem. I just don't
see how late changes can be completely avoided. Obviously,
everybody knows they need to be minimised.

No way. Taking one week out of our calendars 3 times a year
is already very painful, and a lot of people really do
need and want to track multiple areas of the IETF. Spreading
it thinner would be awful.