Re: auto-version and shared write-locks

From: Chetan Reddy <chetanreddy@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 10:07:37 +0530
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org

>The VCR should auto-checkin when all write locks have been removed.

Do you mean all write locks present in the request that caused the
auto-checkout? Or should we wait till the VCR becomes completely
write-lock free (i.e, till all shared write locks of other users are
also removed )?  I would think that a new version of a resource is
ready when all the members who are collaborating on work on that
resource are done and remove their shared lock. Unless this technique
is meant to be used as a backup mechanism for individual changes made
by users collaborating on the resource through shared locks.

Chetan