Re: DAV:cannot-copy-collection-version precondition for COPY

From: Geoffrey M Clemm <geoffrey.clemm@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 07:46:42 -0400
To: werner.donne@re.be
Cc: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org, ietf-dav-versioning-request@w3.org
A collection version does not have enough information in it to produce a
sensible copy, since it only records the version history of its members,
not the versions.  So a collection version is useful for updating a
configuration, but is not useful for creating a new configuration (that's
what baselines are for).