checkin-set

From: Werner Donné <werner.donne@re.be>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 15:17:40 +0200
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org

Hi,

If activities and workspaces are used together to implement branches,
each branch could be checked out if there is a workspace, which has a
VCR, that is linked to the first version of that branch.

If I now want to do a check out in a branch I need to locate the
correct VCR. Since the branches are visible in the version tree, the
obvious point for a check-out is the last checked-in version on the
branch. However, a version can't be used as the request URL of the
CHECKOUT method.

How can I find the correct VCR given a version and knowing in which
workspace I want to do it? If a version had a checkin-set, analogous
to the checkout-set, all VCRs could be obtained that have the version
as the checked-in version. Then the workspace properties could be
retrieved for the resulting VCRs and the one with the right property
could be used for the check-out. Is there an alternative for this?

Regards,

Werner.
--
Werner Donné  --  Re