Re: CHECKOUT/UNCHECKOUT of configurations

From: Geoffrey M Clemm <geoffrey.clemm@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 22:03:29 -0400
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
Edgar wrote on 07/13/2003 04:28:02 PM:

> Is it necessary to CHECKOUT a configuration to be allowed to CHECKOUT
one
> of it's members ?

No, only to CHECKIN one of its members.  One certainly could
reasonably argue that the spec should have required this
(but currently, it doesn't).

> And if that applies suppose I modify or delete a member.

No, only to CHECKIN the version-controlled collection from which
you deleted the member.  Although as above, one certainly could
reasonably argue that the spec should have required this.

> Then I UNCHECKOUT the configuration. Is it necessary to undo the changes
?

No, there is no such requirement for UNCHECKOUT.  And here again,
once certainly could reasonably argue that the spec should have
required this (but currently it doesn't).