RE: Namespace of attributes in DAV:property element

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@greenbytes.de>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 23:57:57 +0200
To: "Geoffrey M Clemm" <geoffrey.clemm@us.ibm.com>, <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>

For heaven's sake, no!!!!! That would be an incompatible change.

We should clarify that the attributes are in no namespace.

> DAV:expand-property report, we could get this change publicized now,
> to minimize interoperability issues in the future.

There are. Speaking of which -- I think several server implementors claim to
support RFC3253 (basic versioning). I'd certainly hope that they all support
DAV:expand-property, as it's a required report.

> I could go either way on this, but just to get the voting started,
> I'll vote, yes, we should make this change.

No. Not only because it is a incompatible change (that breaks our server),
it's also a very unusual usage of namespaces in XML. For instance, check
XSLT: XSLT attributes are in no namespace, unless they appear on an element
which itself is not in the XSLT namespace.

Julian