Namespace of attributes in DAV:property element

From: John R Vasta <jrvasta@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 15:41:34 -0400
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org

In RFC 3253, the DTD for the DAV:property element in the
DAV:expand-property report is

<!ELEMENT property (property*)>
<!ATTLIST property name NMTOKEN #REQUIRED>
name value: a property element type
<!ATTLIST property namespace NMTOKEN "DAV:">
namespace value: an XML namespace

Since all element names defined by the protocol are understood to be in
the DAV: namespace, I would assume that attributes would be too, except
that the example in section 3.8.1 uses the "name" attribute without a
namespace. Was that really the intent, and if so, wouldn't it be better,
or at least a little more consistent, to put the attributes in the DAV:
namespace?

In any case, I think this needs to be clarified, since the DTDs do not
explicitly define namespaces.

John Vasta