URGENT: Please Help ...... DeltaV and WebDAV Relationship

From: Vikram Roopchand <vikramrc@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 20:52:33 -0800 (PST)
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org

Hi ,

       We are implementing a server for DeltaV , there are conflicts among couple of groups here about the design of the Server.

One Group believes that since DeltaV is a versioning extension of WebDAV the relationship in terms of OOAD is "is Kind Of" (Inheritance) , hence the Implementation of DeltaV should extend from already implemented WebDAV server.

While the other group believes that the DeltaV is a "Component" (not to be taken literally) of WebDAV  i.e WebDAV can be made "versionable" using DeltaV or by simply "activating" DeltaV Implementation Code .... and hence DeltaV should be treated seperately.

I would like to know the relationship between DeltaV and WebDAV in terms of OOP/OOAD.

I would be highly grateful , if anyone could get back to me with his/her views as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Vikram