RE: Visibility of a Workspace

From: Vikram_Roopchand <Vikram_Roopchand@infosys.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 13:59:57 +0530
To: <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>

Hi,
   When it is said that a vcr is created in a workspace by VERSION-CONTROL request and initialized with another version from some other version history , does that mean that
this vcr also "point's" to the same version (and thus is part of the same tree ) or is altogether
new with it's own vr and history (of that vr).

e.g:

VERSION-CONTROL /foo.html HTTP/1.1
Host: ...
.
.
.

<D:version-control ...>
	<D:version>
		<D:href> http://server/someotherhistory/12/ver/3 </D:href>
	</D:version>
</D:version-control>

so is foo.html pointing to ver/3 or is totally new with it's vr having history as v1 ?

I believe it is the latter , but I am quite confused at this moment to reason.

Thanks a lot,
Vikram