RE: Visibility of a Workspace

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 09:02:00 -0500
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org

When the workspace feature is supported, a workspace
is the primary way that the contents of the repository
is accessed, so there will be a workspace for viewing
the "main branch", as well as "scratch" workspaces for
anyone that wants a separate stable environment.

Wrt to your particular question, yes, since
a workspace is a collection, it is visible through
a PROPFIND request (I'm not sure what you mean by a
"normal directory listing", but the answer is probably
"yes" for that as well:-).
If it weren't, how would your client access the information
in it?

From: Vikram_Roopchand [mailto:Vikram_Roopchand@infosys.com]

     In the RFC , workspace is defined to be a collection , but isn't it
actually a "scratch" pad on which first all changes are done and then later
merged with the "main" branch/stream ? My question is , would this workspace
be visible through a PROPFIND request or a
normal directory listing ?

warm regards,
Vikram