Response to an unimplemented report request.

Geoffrey M Clemm <geoffrey.clemm@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> To get the creation date of the checked-in version of a VCR,
> you can either use the DAV:expand-property REPORT (to get
> the DAV:creation-date of the DAV:checked-in version of the VCR),
> or use two PROPFIND's to achieve the same result.
Now suppose a client wants a DAV:expand-property REPORT report but
my server doesn't implement it (yet).
Should I return:
- A plain 501 ?
- A 501 and some explanation in a body. How could this body look like ?
- Other response ?

I know that a client can find the supported-report-set. But perhaps not
all are doing it.

Regards, Edgar

--
edgar@edgarschwarz.de                  "http://www.edgarschwarz.de"