Re: Distributing versions across servers

From: <Edgar@EdgarSchwarz.de>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 12:22:43 +0200 (MEST)
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
Cc: Edgar@EdgarSchwarz.de

Hallo Martin,

I'm not sure I completely understand what you want to achieve but will give it a try.

> Is it possible in WebDAV versioning that the version resources of a version
> history are distributed across mutliple servers?
The version resource is defined as the distinct URL of a version. So if you do a
checkin on a server I guess it makes sense for the server to create an URL for
itself because it can't guarantee for any URL on another server to be available.
Please give more details if this isn't what you wanted to know.

> For example, is it possible to allocate three versions V1, V2 (succeeding
> V1), and V3 (succeeding V2) on servers S1, S2, and S3 respectively?
What do you mean by 'allocate three versions' ?
Is 'version' a 'version resource' or a 'version-controlled resource' ?

MfG, Edgar

--
edgar@edgarschwarz.de                  "http://www.edgarschwarz.de"
"http://www.edgar-schwarz.de/forum/oberon"    Running Active Oberon