again: OPTIONS semantics

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 23:16:02 +0200
To: <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>

Just taking an example from section 7:

"Additional OPTIONS Semantics
If the server supports the update feature, it MUST include "update" as a
field in the DAV response header from an OPTIONS request on any resource
that supports any versioning properties, reports, or methods."

So assuming my DAV namespace is separated into two parts (for instance by
servlet) "/a" and "/b". Both parts of the server namespace support
versioning, but only "/a" supports workspaces. Should the "update" feature
be reported on "/b" and it's descendants?

The spec says "yes", but I don't think this is implementable (for instance,
the servlet responsible for "/b" may not even know about the existence of
"/a").

Julian