RE: Replacing the Label header with a DAV:labeled-version report

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:53:41 -0400
To: "DeltaV (E-mail)" <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>

   From: Julian Reschke [mailto:julian.reschke@greenbytes.de]

   > From: Clemm, Geoff [mailto:gclemm@rational.com]
   > So it looks like the main remaining issue in this thread is
   > 3.6_CLARIFY_DEPTH_MARSHALLING, i.e. whether to keep the marshalling
   > defined in 3253 (i.e. in a DAV:prop) or define a new element for it
   > (i.e. in a DAV:report).  My main concern with making a change is
   > that until we get RFC 3253 updated, any other spec that wants to
   > re-use the REPORT method from 3253 would have to know about the
   > proposed marshalling change, and specify it in their spec (e.g. the
   > ACL spec).  I'm concerned that this is likely to be a more
   > significant source of interoperability problems, than is having
   > DAV:prop be used both for properties and for reports.

   Well, it seems that I'm the only one who feels strongly about this --
   so probably RFC3253 should stay as it is (with clarifications, not
   changes).

OK, I'll mark it resolved, with that as the resolution.  The issue
will remain in the issues list though, so if anyone would like to
reopen it, just let me know.