Additional OPTIONS semantics for version-history feature

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@greenbytes.de>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 16:23:47 +0200
To: "'Deltav WG'" <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>

Hi,

I'm looking at the description for the additional OPTIONS semantics for the
version-history feature ([1]), but I don't really understand what problem
this feature is supposed to solve. Given a specific resource on a Delta-V
server, I can find one (or more) collections that may contain version
histories on this server. What is a client supposed to do with this
information?

Assuming that there is a use case for this feature -- will a future RFC
define an additional live property for this as well?

[1] <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc3253.html#rfc.section.5.5>