From: ietf-dav-versioning-request@w3.org
[mailto:ietf-dav-versioning-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of Clemm, Geoff
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2002 2:22 PM
To: Ietf-Dav-Versioning@W3. Org
Subject: RE: Clarification: extended baseline semantics of UPDATE

The UPDATE method explicitly identifies the "update target"
for the "update source", so there is no need for such a rule
(i.e. you can only update a version-controlled-configuration
with a baseline from the baseline history of that
version-controlled configiguration).

So this statement (which is about how to find the merge target
for a baseline MERGE request) is not needed for UPDATE.