RE: changeability of properties

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:42:01 -0500
To: "Ietf-Dav-Versioning@W3. Org" <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>
The only constraint is that a server must not allow modifications to
dead properties on a version or a checked-in VCR (a version-controlled
configuration is just a special kind of VCR, so the VCR constraints apply).

On the other hand, a server is free to decide how it is going to control
the behavior of live properties.  There are some live properties that
inherently are mutable (such as the DAV:successor-set of a version).