COPY method

From: Elodie Tasia <e.tasia@ever-team.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 09:38:02 +0100
To: "IETF DAV" <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>
Hi !

I've two questions about the copy method :

1) first, I've seen such an exemple :

COPY /~fielding/index.html HTTP/1.1
Host : www.foo.bar
Destination : http://www.foo.bar/users/f/fielding/index.html

Does that mean that I could, by copiyng the file index.html, rename it ?
For example, could I write :

COPY /~fielding/index.html HTTP/1.1
Host : www.ics.uci.edu
Destination : http://www.ics.uci.edu/users/f/fielding/summary.html

2) then, it's about copy of collections.

Imagine we have a collection named 'container', with one internal member : index.html.
If I call this method :

COPY /container/ HTTP/1.1
Host : www.foo.bar
Destination : http://www.foo.bar/othercontainer/
Depth : infinity

What will be the result ?
I will have a new collection named 'othercontainer', with the member 'index.html', or the new collection 'othercontainer', containing itself the collection 'container' ?

Thanx