Revert a Deletion of a VCR using version-controlled Collections

From: Kirmse, Daniel <daniel.kirmse@sap.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 16:43:46 +0100
To: "Ietf-Dav-Versioning (E-mail)" <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>
Hi,

what about this one here:

   /src/a

/src is a version-controlled collection (VCC). a is a VCR. By now there is a
version V1 of VCC /src that contains the binding (a) and a "pointer" to the
version-history of a.

Now I delete VCR a. Doing this I get a new version V2 of VCC /src that does
not contain the binding for a anymore.

So far so good. Sometime later I want to revert the deletion of VCR a. So I
do an update of VCC /src so that V1 becomes the checked-in version of VCC
/src again. VCR a will be created again. It points to the right
version-history. But what is the checked-in version of VCR a by now? This
property was gone to the dump earlier at deletion time. The only guess would
be, the checked-in version of VCR a is the root version of the
version-history. Well I my eyes this would be no real revert of the
deletion, cause the state before the deletion and the state after the revert
are not equal.

Regards,
Daniel