RE: LABEL comparison

Geoff,

1) yes, it has caused interoperability problems, because the convention to
"UTF-8 encode first, then URL-encode" of URIs is relatively new. For
instance, some Microsoft client implementations use ISO8859-1 encoding,
which causes the client to fail if the server only supports UTF-8 (like it
should).

2) however, the main difference is that a URI *always* is encoded -- there
is no such think like a URI containing non-ASCII characters (so the problems
I have with LABEL do not apply here -- actually, I'm proposing to use the
same format used for the URI).

Julian