RE: Activities and Checkin/Merge

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 08:46:21 -0500
To: "Ietf-Dav-Versioning (E-mail)" <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>
If the working resources were created by checking out VCR's
with DAV:apply-to-versoin, then there is no difference between
checking in the activity and MERGEing the activity with
DAV:checkin-activity set.

The only reason DAV:checkin-activity is provided as a parameter
to MERGE is to support clients that create working resources by
checking out versions (in which case checking in the activity just
creates new versions, while MERGE both creates the versions and
merges them to the specified collection.