Re: Workspaces, Baseline-Control und auto-version, MKCOL

From: Tim Ellison <Tim_Ellison@uk.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 10:48:10 +0000
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
"Kirmse, Daniel" <daniel.kirmse@sap.com>

> Suppose a workspace WS with uri /ws that is under baseline-
> control and the auto-version property of the version controlled
> collection representing the baseline controlled workspace WS
> is set to checkout-checkin.

When you say "the version controlled collection representing the baseline
controlled workspace" do you mean the _version-controlled configuration_
of the workspace or the workspace itself?  I'll assume you mean the
configuration.

> Now suppose a MKCOL request on uri /ws/folder. With that
> "directory" folder is created within the workspace WS. Does the
> creation of this folder cause a new baseline to be created
> within the baseline-history of the vcc representing WS?

No.  Modifications to the resources making up the configuration are not
considered modifications to the version-controlled configuration resource
itself.  If they were, you would be able to lock an entire configuration
etc. by locking this one resource.

> I assume it would do, if so is it a MUST or a SHOULD? From my
> reading I assume MUST.

I assume it would not.  Which part of the spec. are you referring to?

Regards,