RE: Can there be multiple BINDs to a VCR?

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 18:33:13 -0400
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org

   From: Julian Reschke [mailto:julian.reschke@greenbytes.de]

   > From: Clemm, Geoff
   >
   >    From: Julian Reschke [mailto:julian.reschke@greenbytes.de]
   >
   >    2) ... assuming that the VCR is checked out, what is the
   >    DAV:checkout-set of the "current" version (the version
   >    identified by the VCR's checked-out property)? Does it contain
   >    DAV:href elements for both URLs?
   >
   > That's up to your server.  It must at least have the request-URL
   > of the CHECKOUT request.  A client cannot count on having both
   > URLs

   If a server supports "real" bindings, it would be hard to guarantee
   this.  In particular, what about if "/a1" is checked out, then
   deleted. What would be the DAV:checkout-set of the checked out
   version?

Actually, I retract my comment above (i.e. "It must at least have the
request-URL of the CHECKOUT request").  The protocol only requires
that the DAV:checkout-set "identifies each checked-out resource whose
DAV:checked-out property identifies this version", and says nothing
about which URL should be used to do so.

   > in the DAV:checkout-set, because that is not required by the protocol.

   That's right. I think the only thing that the protocol requires is
   that for each checked out resource, one (of possibly many) resource
   URIs is reported.

I agree.