RE: Label header vs PROPFIND depth 1

Interesting point, but does RFC2616 say that deleting a resource must delete
all it's variants if those have separate URIs (returned as
content-location)?

If this would be the case, I would conclude that using the Label header so
select a version upon GET is a violation of RFC2616.

> > > If DeltaV implies that a version is a variant of a version-controlled
> > > resource then that must be fixed.
> >
> > I'd turn it around: if you strongly believe that a version should not be
> > considered a variant of a resource, then at least the label
> > header semantics must be removed from the spec.
>
> I see no reason why the label: header cannot be defined to 'redirect' the
> method to another resource.

Well, that's not supported by RFC2616. Either it *selects* the version (then
it is a variant by definition), or it causes an HTTP redirect. I don't think
you can have both.