RE: Label header vs PROPFIND depth 1

Seems so.

> version-controlled resource identified by the request-URL; and then the
> depth operation proceeds on the labelled *version*.  The only version with
> members is a versioned collection, whose members are version histories.

This seems to apply to the case where I have version controlled resources in
a version controlled collection. But what happens if the collection itself
isn't version-controlled?

> > What's the motivation for this change? Currently I can't think of a
> reason,
> > and it certainly makes it harder to come up for consistent variant
> handling
> > in WebDAV.
>
> It is a short-hand for referencing the version associated with a
> version-controlled resource.

Misunderstanding :-)

I wasn't asking for the motivation for this *feature*, I was asking for the
motivation for changing a basic feature about how PROPFIND works on
collections...