RE: Creation time of a version.

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 21:10:23 -0400
To: Deltav WG <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>
I agree with Tim.  The DAV:creationdate for a version should be the time
that
the version was created (the version captures the dead properties of
the VCR, not the live properties ... a version has its own live properties).

Similarly, the DAV:creationdate for a VCR is the date that VCR was
created, and the DAV:creationdate for a version history is the date
that version history was created.

Just keep repeating the mantra: "A VCR is not a version, a version is
not a version history, a version history is not a VCR" (:-).

From: Tim Ellison [mailto:tim@ellison.name]

... the spec. for DAV:creationdate says that it is time time when
the resource was initially created (has a non-null state).  In Edgar's
scenario, that is the time that the version was captured.  So I think
clients should rely on that.

Regards,