RE: Re[2]: Semantic of MOVE between working collections

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 13:35:27 -0400
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
   From: B H, Girish [mailto:g.b.h@sap.com]

	 From: Konstantin Knizhnik [mailto:KKnizhnik@togetherlab.com]
	 So, PROPFIND with DEPTH=1 for working collection will return
	 set of version histories, not VCR, right?

      From: Clemm, Geoff [mailto:gclemm@rational.com]
      Right.

   If I understand this correct, then a PROPFIND with DEPTH=1 on the
   working collection /repo/wr/wr1 would return the URL: /repo/vh/vh1

No, it would return "/repo/wr/wr1/xxx (where xxx is the binding name
from the DAV:versioned-binding-set for /repo/vh/vh1 in the collection
version that was checked out).  Both /repo/wr/wr1/xxx and /repo/vh/vh1
identify the same resource, but the PROPFIND on /repo/wr/wr1 must
return the first URL.

   However, in another thread ("Relative URLs, Multiple Bindings") you
replied
   that URLs returned must be relative to the parent. To quote:

   "My reading of 2518 is that it MUST return URLs that are relative to
   the parent (e.g. A/B/x and A/B/y)."

   Do we have a contradiction here or am I missing out something.

The latter (:-).