RE: server defined activity URLs

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 08:03:19 -0400
To: "Ietf-Dav-Versioning@W3. Org" <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>
I agree that this is generally useful functionality.

I'll get this written up as an extension, so we can fold it into
the next version of the protocol.

I'd suggest the following variant:

When the MKACTIVITY is applied to one of the collections identified in
the DAV:activity-collection-set OPTIONS response, the server MUST create
a new activity in that collection, and return the location of that new
activity in a Location header.

I'd just return a 201 (Created), and use the presence of the Location
header to indicate that it has been created somewhere other than the
request-URL.  A compliant client won't be trying to create activities
at this location anyway.