Re[2]: Re (2): Creating new version-controlled bindings referencing existing VHR's

Sorry, I have one more question about this topic:
If I do UPDATE on version-controlled-collection in some workspace,
what should I do with version-controlled resource - members of this
collection. Version of version-controlled-collection contains bindings
<name, version-history>. Workspace provides binding of version-history
to versioned-resource. If version of version-controlled-collections
is changed by UPDATE, what should I do with versioned-resources, which
vresion-histories are no more members of this collection? Delete?

More interesting - what should I do with new members, i.e. version
histories of which were not in bindings of previous version of
collection. Should I create versioned-resource to provide
<workspace,version-history> -> versioned-resource binding?
But which version should this versioned-resource select by
checkedIn/checkedOut property? Once again, UPDATE source is version
and there is no information about source workspace.

Looks like it is once again up to the server which version to choose?
Well, for me it means that UPDATE should not be used at all for
version-controlled collections because result is unspecified.
But UPDATE is is special case of MERGE (if MERGE target is successor
of MERGE source). Does it mean that I also can not use MERGE to
correctly merge two versions of version-controlled-collection
(belonging to the same version history)?
In any case I think that answer for these questions should be included
in specification, because it is not behavior of
MERGE/UPDATE/VERSION-CONTROL methods
applied to version-controlled-collection in a workspace is not
obvious (at least for me).

--
Best regards,
 Konstantin                            mailto:KKnizhnik@togetherlab.com