Re: REPORT method

From: Tim Ellison <Tim_Ellison@uk.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 10:19:07 +0000
To: "Dav-dev" <dav-dev@lyra.org>, "IETF DAV" <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>, ietf-dav-versioning-request@w3.org, "WebDAV Group" <webdav@yahoogroups.com>
"Elodie Tasia" <e.tasia@ever-team.com> wrote:

> I'm reading some drafts about the Access Control  Protocol and I've
> just discovered there was a REPORT method. Is it the same that  the
> REPORT defined in DeltaV ? Why is this method present both in
> WebDAV  and DeltaV documentations ?

Well, it's got the same name, so I guess it is the same method<g>.

It is defined in both places because both specs were at the stage where,
technically, could not be referenced from one another.  Rather than wait
for one to advance along the standards track and delay the other, it makes
sense to include this duplication.
i.e., just consider it the same method.

Tim.