From: Konstantin Knizhnik [mailto:KKnizhnik@togetherlab.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2001 10:27 AM
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
Subject: RE: Creating new version-controlled bindings referencing
existing VHR's

I faced with the problem of placing existed version controlled
collection (with all members) in my workspace. Section 6.7 (Additional
version control semantic) says that VERSION-CONTROL method
<DAV:version> element in body should be used in this case. But
<DAV:version> elements specifies only version of the root collection
to be placed in my workspace. And how can I determine versions of
members of this collections? Version controlled collection contains
just bindings to version histories of its members. It is not possible
to select particular version from the version history without
knowledge about workspace from which take this subtree. But workspace
is not specified in VERSION-CONTROL method and there is no way to get
it.

So, in few words, I do not understand how to do the following
operation:
- I have some project (version-controlled-collection) in some workspace (for
example /ws/his/project1)
- I want to place this project (copy all its resources) in my workspace
/ws/my
How it can be done?

--
Best regards,