Re (3): Definition of a configuration

From: <Edgar@EdgarSchwarz.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 19:01:18 -0500
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
Cc: Edgar@EdgarSchwarz.de
"Clemm, Geoff" <gclemm@rational.com> wrote:
>    But will there be another open window sometime in the future when
>    this topic can be discussed again and a consensus of the group
>    could change the definition of a configuration ?
>
> Definitely, when we are going for next standard level (draft
> standard).  That will be a good time to revise any terminology that
> has proven to be confusing (such as the notorious "MOVE is
> COPY/DELETE" statement in 2518 ... always fun to pick on that :-).
That's good enough for me. So I won't discuss the definition of a configuration
any more for the time being.
Out of curiosity :-) Could I get a feedback from some of the readers
of the mailing list ? Just a note whether they think this topic should be
discussed in the future or that they think it's irrelevant and I should
forget about it.
Then a plea to the parties I think are big players concerning implementing
DeltaV. Is there any chance of a joint effort for creating a scenarios or
validation suite document.
From the top of my mind I can imagine Rational, Oracle, Merant, Microsoft,
Apache, ...

Cheers, Edgar
--
edgar@edgarschwarz.de                    http://www.edgarschwarz.de
*          DOSenfreie Zone.        Running Active Oberon.         *