RE: Definition of a configuration

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 07:44:53 -0500
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
A "configuration" is just a concept defined by the spec
(i.e. the definition quoted below).  It always existed in
WebDAV, but didn't have a name (it was the "Depth:infinity
state of a collection").  You manipulate it with
standard operations like PUT/MKCOL/DELETE/COPY (a Depth:Infinity
copy allows you to copy an entire configuration from one spot
to another).