RE: What happened to working baselines in draft 20?

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 13:34:39 -0400
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
   From: Peter Raymond [mailto:Peter.Raymond@merant.com]

   Version 19 of the protocol document had a couple of references to
   the term "Working Baseline" in section 13.12.  In version 20 of the
   protocol document this has gone....there is now no reference to
   working baselines in the whole document.  Was this change intended?
   I didn't see it listed in the changes and issues document.

Section 13.12 was modified for the following bullet (in the
"changes/issues" document):

- 13.12: allow client to control activity checkin behavior with a
     DAV:activity-checkin parameter to MERGE.

When this parameter was added, there no longer was the need to refer
to "working baselines".  You can still check out a baseline (if the
server supports both the baseline and the working-resource features),
to produce a working resource for that baseline, but we didn't need
a special term for such a working resource.