DAV:version-controlled-configuration property...

From: Peter Raymond <Peter.Raymond@merant.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 12:14:47 +0100
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
Hi,

While looking through section 22 of the deltav document it struck me as odd
that DAV:version-controlled-configuration is a property of any deltav
compliant
resource.  This is also how the property is defined in section 12.4.1.

Initially I thought that only collections and version-controlled resources
actually need this property since non-version-controlled resources cannot be

captured in a baseline.  Then I noticed that in section 12 it says:

       "A configuration is a set of resources that consists of a root
       collection and all members of that root collection except those
       resources that are members of another configuration"

It also says:

	"A baseline is a version resource that captures the state of each
       version-controlled member of a configuration"

The configuration DOES include members that are not version-controlled, but
the
baseline does NOT capture them.  Right?

So, my question is:

Will non-version-controlled members of a configuration that is under
baseline
control return a value for the DAV:version-controlled-configuration
property?

I think so, but am not 100% sure.

Regards,
--