RE: Finding the Baseline-Controlled Collection given a working ba seli ne...

From: Peter Raymond <Peter.Raymond@merant.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 18:21:38 +0100
To: "Clemm, Geoff" <gclemm@rational.com>, ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
Hi,

[Geoff wrote]:

>The only way a working baseline is useful is if it is checked-out from
>a VCC with the DAV:apply-to-version flag (otherwise there would be no
>way to update the members of the configuration).  In this case, the
>DAV:auto-version property identifies the VCC, and the
>DAV:baseline-controlled-collection property of the VCC identifies the
>BCC.

OK, this is useful to know and in my opinion should be spelled out in the
protocol
document that the only way to create a working baseline is by doing a
DAV:apply-to-version
checkout of a VCC.  Then I would be happy that my server can just look at
the
DAV:baseline-controlled-collection property of the VCC identified by the
DAV:auto-version.
At the moment I cannot guarantee that the working baseline has been created
by checking
out a VCC so I have to do the complex looking of properties and collection
members etc
as in my last e-mail.

Out of interest, are there any clients out there (or clients under design)
that
would be checking out a baseline to create a working baseline (as opposed to
checking
out a VCC with apply-to-version)?

Regards,
Peter Raymond - MERANT.