Re (2): The Depth header...

From: <Edgar@EdgarSchwarz.de>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 15:35:43 -0400
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
Cc: Edgar@EdgarSchwarz.de
"Clemm, Geoff" <gclemm@rational.com> wrote:
> My impression is that there is more support for having the
> default value of the Depth header for a given method to
> be the "natural" value for that method
Fine with me, if there is such a beast :-)

> For the UPDATE method, Tim pointed out that
> Depth:0 is the more natural default for the Depth
> header since Depth:infinity only makes sense when the label
> feature is supported and DAV:label-name is specified in the
> request body.  That argument makes sense to me.
So what's the natural default for a baseline ? My impression
was that this would be sort of infinity (In the end limited by the members
of the configuration).

Cheers, Edgar

--
edgar@edgarschwarz.de                    http://www.edgarschwarz.de
*          DOSenfreie Zone.        Running Active Oberon.         *