RE: The Depth header...

From: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@xythos.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 09:55:38 -0700
To: "Clemm, Geoff" <gclemm@rational.com>, <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>

My objection is that if this is being done for consistency, then the spec
should be consistent with RFC 2518.

From section 8.1: "By default, the PROPFIND method without a Depth header
MUST act as if a "Depth: infinity" header was included. "

Section 8.8.8: "The Depth header is unnecessary as the default behavior of
COPY on a collection is to act as if a "Depth: infinity" header had been
submitted. "

On the other hand, from section 9.2: "Methods which support the Depth header
may choose not to support all of the header's values and may define, on a
case by case basis, the behavior of the method if a Depth header is not