No recommendation for how to make a resource unversioned

From: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@xythos.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 11:39:26 -0700
To: "DeltaV" <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>

Given the controversy and the problems with every method that's been
suggested to make a resource unversioned, I suggest that the DeltaV draft
should be silent on the question.  That means striking the non-normative
note on how clients might achieve this with COPY, DELETE, MOVE (a
problematic approach because COPY creates a new resource, and thus
initializes all sorts of new-resources stuff like default ACLs,
creationdate, owner, access history).

I think we'll need to deal with this issue in the future, but it can wait.

lisa