RE: Issues/questions regarding sections 3, 4 and 5...

From: John Hall <johnhall@evergo.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 10:57:57 -0700
To: "'Clemm, Geoff'" <gclemm@rational.com>, <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>

>    Reading section 5.6 it took us quite a while to decide how to
>    delete the last version from a version history.  I think the answer
>    is "you don't" you must delete the version history itself in order
>    to delete the last version.  Did we interpret this correctly?  Do
>    you think we should clarify this in the spec?

As currently implemented, my server will allow you to delete the last
version.  That version goes away and the VCR reverts to the next to last
version.

That solution works because I don't fork.

But if the consensus is to prohibit this I can prohibit it (except as a
side effect of UNCHECKOUT, though).