Re: Versions being deleted during a MERGE...

From: Peter Raymond <Peter.Raymond@merant.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 20:04:30 +0100
To: Jim Amsden <jamsden@us.ibm.com>
CC: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
Hi,

Jim Amsden wrote:

> The delete from the merge-set is deleting the version URL from the
> merge-set, not deleting the version itself. This just indicates the user
> is done doing the merge from that entry.

The specification says (in section 11.5) that if a version is deleted it
will
be removed from the merge-set.  This is what I was talking about.
A user may have begun an interactive merge (resolving conflicts in
individual
files) and the specification says another user may come along and delete one

of those files involved in the merge.

See Tims recent e-mail where he suggests I lock everything involved in the
merge before starting....this seems OK.

Regards,
Peter Raymond - MERANT.