RE: IETF-51 DeltaV WG meeting minutes

   From: Tim Ellison [mailto:Tim_Ellison@uk.ibm.com]

   Peter Raymond <Peter.Raymond@merant.com> wrote:

   > I guess I am not sure when it's best to have empty properties, versus
   > removing the property (pros and cons of both).  But one thing I do know
   > is that it would be good if we were consistent in the spec.

   I think it is sufficient for the spec to state what it means when the
   property includes a given value, without having to distinguish between
   missing and empty properties.  However, to make the document readable and
   unambiguous I support the (purely editorial) change to refer to the
   properties being removed.

I agree.

   > Can you remember if there was some reason why we said the property
   > would be empty as opposed to being removed?

   I don't think that there is any distinction to be made.

I agree.