Problems with locking and DeltaV resources

From: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@xythos.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 05:54:44 -0700
To: "DeltaV" <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>

Let's say as a client I want to protect my version-controlled resource (VCR)
and associated working resource (WR) from being edited by other users while
I check it out and edit it.  One might think the user could issue:

 - LOCK VCR
 - CHECKOUT VCR
 - LOCK WR

This won't work, however.  There is a window when other users can lock my
WR, edit it, etc, before I manage to lock it.   Having another client "take
over" my WR is a situation which I think most clients will want to prevent,
or will not know how to handle, or both.

Any way of dealing with this?

lisa