RE: auto-checkout and auto-checkin

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 19:10:57 -0400
To: "'DeltaV'" <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>
Clearly there is significant support for going back to
DAV:auto-version (as opposed to DAV:auto-checkout,DAV:auto-checkin).
If nobody objects to going back to DAV:auto-version , I'm willing to
do so (I believe I was the most enthusiastic supporter of the original
switch to auto-checkout and auto-checkin).

The values for DAV:auto-version would be:

DAV:always-checkout-always-checkin
DAV:always-checkout-unlocked-checkin
DAV:always-checkout
DAV:locked-checkout

Note: an auto-checkout of a locked resource is always
checked in when the lock is removed, unless it has already
been automatically checked in or explicitly checked in
or unchecked out.