RE: Auto update of VCR when checking an associated working resource

So are we back to saying that supporting Working Resource feature requires
also supporting UPDATE?  That's what I'm trying to avoid.  Is there a better
way for these two features to not depend on each other?

Furthermore, it's surprising to me, and perhaps to clients as well, that
working resource checkins and in-place checkins work so differently: one
ends up with the VCR pointing to the latest version at the end, and the
other doesn't (by default).  I would expect the default behaviour of both of
these to be the same.

Perhaps Jim's proposal could instead be worded so that auto-update was the
default, and "do not update" is the exceptional behaviour that the client
must request.

lisa