Re: Finding the version of a resource in a Version-Controlled-Collect ion...

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 10:28:27AM +0100, Tim Ellison wrote:
> > Collections are a bit weird in that asking for the collection actually
> > gives you a tree of all the member resources (including nested
> > collections etc.).
>
> Again I'm not sure what you mean by "ask for" a collection?
> When you create a new version-controlled collection that is 'initialized'
> from an existing collection version, the members of the version-controlled
> collection will be bound to undefined versions of the version-histories (of
> each member of the collection version).

(By "asked-for" I was trying to long the long winded description of
creating a version controlled collection resource using VERSION-CONTROL.
I will try to avoid loose wording in the future! - maybe!! :-)

I had misunderstood. I had thought it bound them to the root version.
Or maybe the behavour is different inside workspaces to outside workspaces.
But undefined I hope it means the server can pick whatever version it
likes rather than having 'undefined nebulous unbound resources in
a collection'.

Alan